Monday, February 9, 2015

A Wasted Day

Today I was feeling a bit burned out, so I decided that I should take it easy and spend some time watching old movies and reading. I've been getting a lot of work done lately, so the guilt of letting a day go was at a minimum. All was going according to my design until about 2pm when I fell asleep in the middle of watching the original Planet of the Apes. Taylor was in ape court and had discovered that his friend was lobotomized. When I woke up it was more than four hours later, the movie was long over, my son was home from school, the sun was down, and the day was practically done. I had wasted a day by wasting a day...that I had intended to waste. But instead of enjoying myself with useless pursuits of sloth and leisure, I slept. Now I'm faced with the fact that I will not be able to fall asleep again until well after midnight. I might even see the dawn if my bad luck holds. Yes, my plan has totally backfired.

I thought to renew my scheme of books and movies, but found the living room had been hijacked and I had a slight headache, making reading uncomfortable. In a fit of desperation I sat down at my computer and pulled up the book I'm working on and stared at it for roughly fifteen minutes before closing the file in disgust. Now I'm wide awake, and uninspired. A poor combination for an author. Particularly one who has several projects in the works; each very important to my career.

Oh well. I suppose I can take an aspirin and hope for the best. The good news is that I'll likely sleep through the morning ritual of the mad scramble to get the boy to the bus on time. Yes indeed. I think I'll try to pick some gold out this pile of shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment